Thursday, 2 October 2014

Motivation - Animals

For as long as I can remember I have loved animals. My top two animals are cats and dogs. As a child my love for them motivated me to get close to them when ever possible.

I think what I like about them is the fact that they love you for just being you. They don't judge you or put you down. They just want to be with you.

My dogs, Sebastian (Bassy) and Cleopatera (Cleo), are always happy to see me. They love their belly rubs, going for a walk and of course swimming. Their eyes light up and it always makes my day.

My cat, George, is pretty much the same. He lays on my chest most nights, purrs and goes to sleep. I love that he does that as it means he feels safe with me.

I know a lot of people say they hate cats. However, they are just immature people who are just trying to look tough. To me they just look foolish.

I do feel sorry for people that don't love animals. I think they miss out on so much of what the world has to offer. The best thing about animal lovers is that they are seldom selfish.

Last year a report came out saying how good it was to pat a dog. It helps to make you feel better. I don't know how true that is, but it does make me feel better when I pat them.

Being an animal owner is an important thing. You must realise that you are fully responsible for their lives. You will be responsible for their entire life. As dogs and cats can live 13 plus years it is a big committment. I don't believe in just passing dogs or cats on when you have had enough of them either. How would you feel in their shoes?

If you can get yourself a pet. It will fo you the world of good. Just walking the dogs has health benefits. I would have more animals if I could. I would have a zooful.

All of our animals have passed their 10th birthday. While it is great to see, I also know the next few years will be hard. Bassy is already showing some age related issues, and Cleo is blind in her left eye. They won't stop, however, and are always willing to chase a ball, or bird. Mind you the birds are just a bit too quick now.

In the next few years I know I am going to have to make one of the hardest decisions of my life. I will admitt that even now I don't know if I could ever tell the vet to put any one of them to sleep. I have my fingers crossed that all of them will pass quietly in their sleep from old age. I hope for the bedt, but I am preparing for the worse.

Whatever may come I will not spend time dwelling on it. I will spend what ever time we have playing silly games, giving out treats, plus countless hugs, belly rubs and kisses. For that is the most important aspect of life. Plan for the future but live today.

I appologise for any spelling mistakes. I have written this from my phone and it is easy to hit the wrong key.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.